13 February 2013

Lemony Scrubby

I've been working out a lot lately. Well, I've always been a huge fan of the gym, but recently I amped it up to going about two times a day. After a while, I started noticing a weird layer of skin that would come flaking off in the shower. Grosss, right? 

We've all seen those home remedy beauty supply pins all over Pinterest. I highly doubt that most people who pin them actually do them. But I decided to try out a scrub that is made out of sugar, oil, and lemon because, well I'm too cheap to go buy a scrub at CVS. I found this recipe from Gluten Free Navy Wife

-2 1/2 cups sugar
-1 cup oil (I used coconut oil, but you can use any kind of cooking oil)
-5 Tablespoons of citrus juice (I just squeezed 2 whole fresh lemons)

Mix all of the ingredients together. Take a hot bath and relax. Shave your legs like normal, with shaving gel or soap. Rinse off and grab a handful of your scrub, and proceed to rub it all over your legs. Shave again. At this point, I took it a step further and used the scrub on my entire body. It felt a little strange at first, but it was nice to have a whole body scratch. Ha! 

To get all of the oil and sugar off, I took a normal shower and used soap. The oil will stick on you, which is ok, just not too much. After the shower I used lotion on my legs. My legs were sooo smooth and it felt wonderful to get all of the old skin off of me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment