23 January 2012

La Naissance


I start this blog because I want to live deliberately, I want to live deep and suck out the marrow of life. This blog, with the help of the website pinterest, is going to be the place for me (and my co-bloggers Valerie and Cassie) to do just that.

I’m constantly finding and pinning images on pinterest (FYI, mom, pinterst is a website where you can create and manage “pinboards” of images or ideas you find interesting.) that inspire me: whether it be a magnificent view of some foreign place, a mouth-watering vegan recipe, a quote full of wisdom, or an altogether adorable outfit that I never would have thought to put together on my own. At some point, however, inspiration needs to bring about action, or it’s pretty worthless. And sometimes turning inspiration into action can be scary or overwhelming or confusing. Sometimes it’s none of those things and only a matter of getting off your butt and doing it. Either way, I’ve found it’s always worth it.

So, that’s my goal with this blog--to chronicle the fruits of my inspiration in order to live more deliberately. That means that I will sometimes blog about cooking, sometimes about fashion, sometimes about travel, sometimes about random thoughts that are weighing on my heart; essentially wherever I'm finding inspiration at the moment. This blog will serve two functions: first, it will actually make me get off my butt and do the awesome ideas I come across. Second, it will be a testing ground for said ideas. So, I’ll actually be able to say if the “10 minute DIY scarf made out of an old t-shirt that you can wear 27 different ways” works or if it’s altogether too complicated and just makes you look like an idiot.

Clearly, as the title would lead you to believe, most of my blog posts will concern ideas I’ve seen on pinterest. However, a good portion of them may just come from my own mind. As I mentioned earlier, two of my amazing friends, Valerie and Cassie, have agreed to join me in this endeavor and will be writing their own blog posts here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment