06 April 2012

Spinach and Mushroom White Sauce Pasta

When I was a little bit younger

Gotta be honest, I'm quite proud of my brilliance concering the creation of the recipe. I made it when having one of those experimental cooking moods where I don't use any sort of recipe but just throw things together. Usually, this dos not turn out well for me. I tend to be a little over excited and add too many ingredients. This though--this was wonderful. Both my vegans and non-vegan friends agreed that it was superb. My sister said it was the best white sauce pasta she ever tasted. Yeah, she's definitely right.

Spinach and Mushroom White Pasta
(Serves 8)
1 (16 oz) box of pasta
5 medium cloves of garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
6 oz. of spinach
8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1.5 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tsp dried herbs (I used rosemary)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper

Start off by boiling water for the pasta, so you can make your sauce while your pasta is cooking.

The strain I was under could make me cry

Heat up some olive oil in a deep skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook for a minute or so. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes (you'll want to cook it until the oninons are transparent and the mushrooms have significantly reduced in size).

Now I'm a little bit older, a little bit bolder

Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.

But ever so shy

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until heated all the way through and the sauce begins to thicken (around 5-7 minutes). Adjust spices to taste.

Sweet darlin'

Pour the white sauce on top of your cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.

Come hold me

Beware of four-eyed velociraptors and their suspiciously smiley sidekicks who might try to steal your delicious creation. It's just one of the hazards that come with cooking such appetizing food. Sigh.

Just a little bit longer now

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment