03 April 2012

Lime Roasted Brussel Sprouts

IMG_2143

This is a recipe I created a while back, and have perfected over time. Generally, I have these at least once a week every week. In fact, half of my diet consists of roasted vegetables. I roast everything. When my dear Christy Lu stayed with me a few weeks back we paired these with some delicious vegan apple ginger burgers. Unfortunately (for those of you who need to strictly follow a recipe), this recipe is more "add stuff together until it looks good" and less "measured out." It's pretty simple though, and I have faith that you can make it just as delicious!

Lime Roasted Brussel Sprouts
(Serves 8-10)
1 16 oz bag of brussel sprouts
2-3 red onions, cut into fourths
limes to taste (I use about 2)
lots of garlic
salt & pepper

Christy used 1 tsp of chili pepper as well. I'd add more if you really want it to effect the taste.


IMG_2054

First, you'll want to cut the sprouts in half. I cut off the tough parts at the base of the sprouts as well.

IMG_2064

Then you'll want to slice your onions into fourths.

IMG_2076

Mix the brussel sprouts, onion, garlic cloves, lime juice, salt, and pepper. I cook them at 400 degrees until everything is tender and the garlic cloves are browned on the outside and completely cooked all the way through. It usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

IMG_2113

Voila! Roasted deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment