22 March 2012

Ginger Apple Burgers

But you didn't have to cut me off

Since, the ultimate vegan burgers were such a delicious success, Cassie and I ended up using that recipe as a base for a new burger creation. In my pre vegan inclined days, one of my favorite burgers were turkey apple burgers (the recipe created by a close fried of mine). I haven't had those burgers in ages, since I've stopped making recipes that call for meat. I'm thrilled to say that the vegan version of these burgers are just as delicious.

Ginger Apple Burgers
(Makes 6-8 patties)
1 small green apple, cubed
1/2 cup diced onion
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup sun flower seeds, toasted
1 cup cooked cannelloni beans, mashed
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger
1Tbsp lemon juice
1Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cayenne
Salt and pepper

Prepare your flax egg first. Simply add 1/2 cup of warm water to he ground flax seed and let sit for 10 minutes while you prepare your other ingredients.

Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing

While your flax egg sits, combine the rest of the ingredient in a mixing bowl. Add the flax egg and mix. I ended up mixing the ingredients with my hands because it was much easier and quicker than using a spoon.

And I don't even need your love

Now, with slightly wet hands, form the burgers into patties. I had 7 patties in the end.

But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough

Cook the patties on a skillet on medium heat with a little olive oil, about 5 minutes on each side.

Have you friends collect your records and then change your number

While I was cooking the burgers, I chopped up some mushrooms and sautéed them in garlic and olive oil to top the burger with.

No you didn't have to stoop so low

I also topped them with spinach and veganaise and served chili-lime roasted brussel sprouts on the side.

I guess that I don't need that though. Now you're just somebody that I used to know

No comments:

Post a Comment