22 March 2012

The Proposal

I got a man to stick it out

And make a home from rented house

And we'll collect the moments one by one

I guess that's how the future's done

Shirt: Banana Republic
Necklaces: American Eagle
Skirt: A tagless hand-me-down
Tights: Target
Shoes: Aldo

I bought this shirt the same day that I found my future husband. Which is coincidentally the same day that I lost him.

On that day, about six years ago, I walked into Banana Republic to do some absent-minded shopping. As I began picking out pieces to try on, one of the most gorgeous men I have ever laid eyes on, and a Banana Republic employee, approached me. I knew that when he asked "can i start a fitting room for you?" he really meant "would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" My response was a whispered but emphatic "yes." I gathered my clothes and handed them to him. In the dressing room, everything I tried on was absolutely adorable. It must have been the premarital glow radiating from every inch of my body.

I purchased the items and walked out of the store, making eye contact with Mr. Future Husband with a knowing smile on my face. Unfortunately, the very moment I left the store, he got into a freak accident with a clothing rack, a few mannequins, and a selection of that season's latest styles which resulted in the untimely loss of his recent memory (well I can only guess that this is what happened, but all signs point to it since he never followed up on his marriage proposal).

I might have lost my future husband that day, but at least I got a cute shirt out of the deal. Eh, I'll take it.

PS I know this outfit is out of season (read way to hot to wear in Florida in March) but I took the photos forever ago a forgot to post them. So, deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment